Adult DBT Skills Group
You will benefit from DBT if you:
- Find it difficult to navigate strong emotions
- Struggle with relationships, intimacy, or fear of abandonment
- Struggle with anxiety or depression
- Have self-destructive or negative thoughts
- Engage in impulsive actions
In DBT Skills Group, you will learn to:
- Be less judgmental and live in the moment with effectiveness
- Be skillful in getting what you want and need from others
- Decrease conflicts and feelings of stress and loneliness
- Manage difficult emotions and increase your emotional resilience
- Decrease emotional vulnerability and impulsive behaviors
- Increase control of your mind and experience reality as it is
Our group meets weekly for 90 minutes. Group members learn skills based on the four modules of DBT: core mindfulness, interpersonal effectiveness, emotion regulation and distress tolerance. New skills are presented each group and homework is assigned for individuals to practice during the week.
Email our therapists for more information.